The Indochina Cup is back for 2019! The 14th annual Indochina Cup will be hosted by the Thailand Tigers.
After victories in Hanoi in 2017 and Phnom Penh in 2018, the Vietnam Swans are keen to make it a three-peat, this time in Bangkok.
The tournament venue is the Bangkok Patana School, about a 30-45 minute drive taxi from central Bangkok.
The ground is located at the Patana International School, which is located at 645 LaSalleRoad Suhhumvit 105, BangNa Tai, Bangna, Bangkok 10260. The entrance to the playing field is via the gates next to the tennis courts and car park.
The schedule for the tournament is:
8:00 – Arrive at Patana International School
8:05 – Team officials and umpires meet at officials Area
8:10 – Welcome, photos & national anthems
8:20 – Commencement of matches
6:05 – Completion of games
7:00 – After party and presentations at Bistro 33
The Tournament Draw
Its a big day of footy! Three game round-robin to decide the winner:
9:00 – 9:35 – Vietnam v Laos/Myanmar
9:40 – 10:15 – Cambodia v Thailand
10:20 – 10:50 – Auskick v Khmer/Loas locals
11:00 – 11:20 – Longest Kick
11:25– 12:00 – Laos/Myanmar v Thailand
12:05 – 12:40 – Cambodia V Vietnam
12:45 – 1:20 – Cambodia(W) v Thailand(W)
1:20 – 1:40 – Lunch
1:40 – 2:15 – Thailand v Vietnam
2:20 – 2:55 – Laos/Myanmar V Cambodia
3:00 – 3:35 – Thailand (W) V Cambodia ( W)
3:40 – 4:10 – Indo china All Star Game
- Indochina Cup matches 2 x 15 minute halves, with a 5-minute half time break (change of ends)
- 16 players will be on the field. This may be reduced subject to agreement between participating teams
- 25 metre penalties will apply, not 50 metres
- Send off rule: A 10-minute sin-bin will apply for what would be a reportable offence including abusive language and time wasting. The player cannot be replaced during the 10 minutes. In the case of a particularly serious offence, the officials will have the right to ban the player for the remainder of the competition. In this instance, the player can be replaced for the next game.
- Each team is permitted one team runner and two water carriers.
We need to arrive on Friday October 11. There are flight options for Jetstar, Air Asia, Nok Air and Vietjet. We’ll be staying in central Bangkok, so it doesn’t matter too much if you fly in to Don Muang or Savarnambhumi.
The recommended hotel is the Galleria on Sukhumvit Soi 12. Please book using the link! Prices are currently 1m VND per night for double or twin share.
Thailand is visa on arrival (no cost).