Please find attached the Google Meet Link to join the AGM – 2023 Vietnam Swans AGM
Saturday, 3 December · 13:00 – 15:00pm (Vietnam Time)
HCMC in person – 14A31 Thao Dien St, Thao Dien
Hanoi in person – The Republic
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/bsb-rqgx-guk
Or dial: (US) +1 601-779-1327 PIN: 408 180 275#
More phone numbers: https://tel.meet/bsb-rqgx-guk?pin=9087624190778
Attention all members of the Vietnam Swans Football Club,
This is a notice to inform you that the date for the 2023 Annual General Meeting will be Saturday the 3rd of December. There will be 3 options to attend the meeting, they will be in person in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh, or join the Google Meeting on the link above. Please mark yourself as attending on the Facebook event – Link here….
This year’s AGM will include updates from club representatives on the following areas:
- President – Matt Barton
- Regional Representatives – Louise Ode Bezhuidenhout and Matt Barton
- Local Player Development
- Junior Development
- Treasurer – Luke Turner
- Communication – Bill Crang
On completion of the updates, nominations will be sought for the 2024 season, and where there are multiple nominations for a role, a vote will take place with those members in attendance and in good standing with the club to fill the role. Roles to be filled for 2024 are:
- National President
- National Treasurer
- Communications Exec
- Northern Operations Manager
- Southern Operations Manager
See below for overviews of each position.
Following an unprecedented year in 2022 when President, Treasurer and Communications Exec all did not stand for re-election and where no nominations for Operations Managers in the North and South were given as a club we find ourselves in a similar situation. Both Treasurer and Communications Exec will not stand for re-election (due to a variety of reasons) and the roles of Operations Managers in the North and the South are still vacant.
It is understandable that members may look at the roles and feel they are unsure whether they can fulfill them or not and are maybe unsure about the commitment required, however many hands do make light work and our club lives and dies by the volunteers that run it and you are not alone as we have experienced committee members who can help ease the transition.
If you have an interest in one of the roles, I would strongly suggest taking the time to reach out to to Matt Barton, Luke Turner, or Bill Crang to find out more information.
Whilst the roles do require some commitment, they are also thoroughly rewarding, as you watch the club continue to build and develop.
OVERVIEW OF NATIONAL COMMITTEE ROLES
- develop the club & sport in Vietnam
- represent Vietnam Swans at all AFL Asia meetings
- oversees the Executive Committee
- liaise with sponsors
- liaise with other AFL Asia countries in relation to yearly program requirements to gain agreement on incoming and outgoing tour responsibilities
- provide guidance to Northern and Southern Operations team
- accountable for all financial processes
- Work with sponsors, in conjunction with the VP-communications
- Works closely with Local Player Representative to provide support for local players where required
- Works closely with Merchandise Representatives in North and South
- Responsible for managing cash flow
- Preparation and maintenance of financial records and associated reporting
- Liaise with operations managers North and South on budgets
- Responsible for setting and managing budgets
- Responsible for holding funds in cash or in bank accounts
- Responsible for all financial aspects of events and tours
- Payment of all invoices – cash, $AUD, VND, $USD where required
- Responsible for preparation of annual report to the committee.
- Responsible for all external facing club messages
- In collaboration with Executive Committee, produce sponsorship packs to enable club members to assist in seeking out potential new sponsors and maintain existing sponsors
- Liaise with events and communication managers in North and South for key content
- Prepare yearly calendar outlining communications & provide to regional event and communications committee members to enable them to prepare in advance
Operations Managers – in the North and South are accountable for ensuring the weekly running of the club in Saigon and Hanoi and the execution of tasks which support the years plan. These roles are important in organising in city: Competitions (SAFL/HAFL/Internationals), Events (Grand Final Parties etc), Ground bookings etc. They are responsible for assembling volunteers to mirror the executive committee roles (barring president and Operations managers themselves) and other roles as necessary
- Provide all communications content to Communications Exec – Communications in the required timeframe
- Oversee the day to day activities of the football club for their region (Including local competitions, recruitment, local development initiatives VietKick etc) with oversight and input from the executive committee.
- Work with the VP – Treasurer on budgets for 2024, (including training costs, touring costs and local player support, membership costs and inclusions)
National team men’s coach and AFLW coaches are considered as advisory members of the national committee and as such are not positions that are subject to vote. The two incumbents will maintain these positions for the 2024 season but suggestions for coaches are always welcome particularly in the form of support of those in the formal roles to run training sessions and help organise.